Tuesday 7 October 2014

Gajar Ka Halwa/Carrot Halwa with Khoya

One of the easiest and the delicious halwa is always this carrot halwa. Carrot halwa makes me nostalgic and this  is the first sweet dish i have dished out when i started cooking. Whenever mom goes to grandma's native, i wont forget to make this halwa to serve my father who fond always for my carrot halwa. Its been a while i prepared carrot halwa at home, more than a year may be. Dunno why i didnt prepared them at home eventhough my fridge will always have carrots.This time i prepared my favourite carrot halwa with sugarless khoya to give a fabulous taste. I had some leftover khoya which was sitting in my fridge, i finished them by adding in this halwa. We simply loved this halwa and couldnt stop having them.

gajar ka halwa, carrot halwa with khoya


Actually i prepared a fusion cheesecake with this gajar ka halwa as the cheesecake base, do check my post of Fusion Cheesecake to get an idea about the Indianised cheesecake with carrot halwa. You can replace the khoya with sweetened condensed milk as well but however making this halwa with khoya tastes simply fantabulous. I couldnt forget the taste of this delicious gajar ka halwa even now.An easiest halwa to make at home with simple ingredients. With a help of an adult, even a child can make this halwa easily.

Carrot halwa with khoya, Gajar ka halwa

2cups Carrot (finely grated)
1cup Sugar
1/2cup Unsweetened Khoya/Mawa/Milk Solids
1/2tsp Cardamom powder
1tbsp Ghee
1tbsp Melon seeds
Chopped pistachios for garnishing

Heat the ghee, fry the finely grated carrots in simmer until they gets half cooked.

Add the sugar and unsweetened khoya,cook everything together in medium high flame.

Add the cardamom powder,melon seeds to the cooking halwa and put off the stove once the halwa gets thickens.

Keep aside and let them cool.

While serving, top the halwa with chopped pistachios.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow yummy halwa and the same recipe I tried when entered cooking

Kurinji said...

yummy halwa and uperb clicks...

Beena said...

Tempting yummy sweet

marudhuskitchen said...

really refreshing color....wonderful sweet

Fullscoops said...

One of my favorites! I wish I could have some! So yum!

Beena said...

Yum yummy sweet

Unknown said...

Love the sheer red color of tho halwa. So well made.

Unknown said...

Nice colour and so tempting halwa

prethika said...

yummy looking halwa...with attractive color...lipsmacking halwa for sure

Ranjani said...

So delectable it looks :)